SENIOR ARCHITECT WITH 10+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
MVRDV is looking for a senior and seasoned project leader with international building execution knowledge and experience on construction sites in Asia. The experienced project leader is someone with an affinity for MVRDV architecture and extensive experience with complex and/or larger-scale projects, ranging from design elaboration and tendering to technical phases, execution, and delivery. Does this sound like you? Use our open application to apply and recruiters will make sure to check your CV and portfolio as soon as there is an open position.
This is us
MVRDV is a global operating firm with a team of more than 300 employees, dedicated to innovative architecture and urban design. Founded in 1993, the MVRDV headquarters are based in Rotterdam with subsidiaries in Shanghai, Berlin, Paris, and New York.
- Passion for MVRDV’s work and theory is an asset
- Knowledge of the Chinese language is an advantage
- Understanding of Asian culture and Asian market
- 10+ years of proven professional experience
- At least 7 years’ experience as a project leader of complex international projects
- At least 2 realised large scale (+30,000m2) projects
- Technical knowledge of local technologies and materials
- Team leadership experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in detailed design review phase, tender and execution process
- Ability to act as a contact person between MVRDV, client, co-architect and contractors
- Experience with completing and integrating tender packages
- Collaborative team player
- Strong Revit project experience and Adobe skills are an asset.
- Good spoken and written communication skills in English.
- With EU working permit is a must.
- Willingness to travel to Asia.
- Strong design leadership to deal mid-(or large-)size of design team.
- Technical specialist in the Asia studio focusing on Asian market.
- Input on all technical aspects to ensure the design execution meets the design intent.
- Control design quality of big scale complex projects.
- Close collaboration with the (founding) partner in charge of the project.
- Work within a given budget and timeframe.
- Coordinating role between the Rotterdam MVRDV Asia studio, MVRDV Shanghai office and consultants.
What we offer
Beyond the opportunity to work within a globally and ambitious company, here are a few benefits that we offer:
- An exciting, inspiring and international working environment.
- Competitive salary, considering your skills and personal value for the organization. The salary is determined by the collective agreement for staff employed in architecture (Architecten CAO).
- Personal development budget.
- Travel allowance for your home-office commutes.
- You automatically take part of the Architects Pension scheme when working for MVRDV.
- 30 paid holiday days based on a fulltime employment of 40 working hours per week.
- Regular excursions, parties and corporate activities such as sports.
- A healthy lunch in our office.
- We contribute to your sports subscription at OneFit.
- A great office location in the center of Rotterdam near the train station.
We’d love for you to join us!
MVRDV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treat all employees and applicants equally, regardless of gender or marital status, color, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or religious belief, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Please reach out to us if you are interested after reading this vacancy and you want to learn more about this position, the team or our organization. Apply and/or leave your contact details if you want to explore the potential opportunities!
If you want to know more about the application procedure, feel free to contact Valeriia Savchenko (Recruitment Coordinator) via email@example.com
How to apply
Please fill in the online form and upload your motivation letter, CV and portfolio preferably as a PDF no larger than 5MB. If you do not fill in the application form, we cannot consider your application.