This is us
MVRDV is a globally leading architecture and urbanism practice based in Rotterdam with offices in Shanghai, Paris & Berlin. Founded by Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries in 1993, we create social, innovative, realistic, green, and remarkable architecture for a changing world. We believe that our work makes the world a better place by realizing dreams that actively contribute to global urgencies. We are a dynamic, ambitious, and growing organization with currently 300 plus colleagues.
This is the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic and independent Office Host for our office located in the city center of Rotterdam. As MVRDV’s Office Host you are one of the first faces employees and guests see when they enter the MVRDV House. The Office Host will be part of MVRDV’s Facility team which includes the Front Desk Officer, the Office Manager and the Facility Coordinator.
This team is responsible for all things office and facility related, from the desks and meeting rooms to hardware and supplies.
As an Office Host you are responsible for keeping the office tidy and representable as well as facilitate your colleagues in their daily needs. The position is based at the MVRDV house in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
This is you
- approachable and hospitable
- proactive and easily make contact with people
- hands-on, a go-getter
- stress resistant and like to think in solutions
- an organized person who likes to plan and organize
- able to work and prioritize independently
- able to work in a hectic environment
You are responsible for
- Keeping the pantries tidy and well equipped
- Keeping meeting rooms tidy and well equipped
- Providing beverages for meetings
- Keeping the communal areas in the office tidy
- Together with representatives from the different design studios
- Handling fronts desk tasks together with the Front Desk Officer, such as:
- Welcoming guests
- Answering and forwarding phone calls
- Assisting colleagues in their needs
- Being the backup of the Front Desk Officer when absent
- Assisting colleagues on the floor with daily requests together with the Office Manager
- Assisting with organizing internal events
What we offer
Beyond the opportunity to work with the most creative people from all over the world:
- An exciting, inspiring, international and ambitious working environment
- An extensive introduction to MVRDV and our way of working
- Training and development opportunities
- Regular excursions and parties
- A healthy lunch and great communal activities such as sports
- Public transport allowance for journeys between home and work
- An attractive pension scheme (Architects Pension)
- 30 paid holiday days for a 40-hour working week
- An appropriate salary, considering your skills and personal value to the organization. The salary is determined by the collective agreement for staff employed by architecture (Architecten CAO)
- Affinity with architecture/ MVRDV’s work is appreciated
- +3 years or working experience
- Experience in a hospitality job
- Fluent in Dutch and English Language
- Available at least 32 hours a week
- Willing to work all contractual hours at our office in Rotterdam
Let us know! Please fill in the online form and upload your motivation letter and resume.
We hope to make a first selection by the end of September.