German Speaking Business Development Manager
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsBusiness Development
MVRDV is a global operating company with a team of over 300 employees, dedicated to innovative architecture and urban design. Founded in 1993, MVRDV is headquartered in Rotterdam with subsidiaries in Shanghai, Berlin, Paris and New York.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Business Development Manager with in-depth knowledge of the German real estate market and architecture and urbanism sector. You must be motivated and able to take charge of several projects simultaneously and be an open-minded person who enjoys working in a team. Finally, you have a keen ability to make new relationships and connections and search for the best opportunities for MVRDV.
In short, you will focus on new business development opportunities for MVRDV specifically in Germany, while also looking into Switzerland and Austria. Here is a brief summary of the tasks you can expect:
- Generate new business leads and grow our existing network of clients focusing on commercial, cultural, public and urban projects.
- Develop proposals and strategies for new opportunities. Present these to various stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Proactively manage relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Actively support the Business Development team as a whole. Seeking to achieve larger goals and targets with the team.
- You will join a team of talented business developers who are part of the Strategy and Development Studio.
- You will report to the Global Business Development Manager.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the built environment industry, with at least 2-3 years of experience in a similar role (e.g. Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, etc.)
- You are fluent in German and have strong communication skills, both oral and written. You must also have a good command of English.
- Experience in project management. You must be able to define the scope of a project, establish processes, plan costs, predict risks, manage various stakeholders, etc.
- You have a proven track record of lead generation and creative business development ideas. You can convert market reactions into structural proposals and strategies.
- Master's degree in architecture, urban planning, real estate or a related field
- Excellent organizational, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Experienced user of Adobe Creative Suite, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ideal candidate should also have an extensive professional network of contacts in Germany (commercial, cultural and/or public real estate business, with additional links to urban planning and design opportunities).
What we offer
Beyond the opportunity to work within a globally and ambitious company, here are a few benefits that we offer:
- Competitive salary, considering your skills and personal value for the organization. The salary is determined by the collective agreement for staff employed in architecture (Architecten CAO).
- Personal development budget.
- Travel allowance for your home-office commutes.
- You automatically take part of the Architects Pension scheme when working for MVRDV.
- 30 paid holiday days based on a fulltime employment of 40 working hours per week.
- Regular excursions, parties and corporate activities such as sports.
- A healthy lunch in our office.
- We contribute to your sports subscription at OneFit.
- A great office location in the center of Rotterdam near the train station.
We’d love for you to join us!
MVRDV is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants equally, regardless of gender or marital status, color, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or religious belief, sexual orientation, disability, or age.