Dutch-Speaking Business Developer
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsBusiness Development
We are looking for a Business Developer to join our Global Business Development team based at our Rotterdam headquarters.
This is us
MVRDV is a globally leading architecture and urbanism practice based in Rotterdam with offices in Shanghai, Paris & and Berlin. Founded by Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs, and Nathalie de Vries in 1993, we create social, innovative, realistic, green, and remarkable architecture for a changing world. We believe that our work makes the world a better place by realizing dreams that actively contribute to global urgencies. We are a dynamic, ambitious, and growing organization with currently 300 staff.
This is you
You have a degree in a subject related to real estate, urban planning, landscape architecture, or architecture. You need to be action-orientated and always adopt a positive ‘can-do approach’ in the work you do. You must be a motivated self-starter and proactive team player.
As a member of the Business Development team, we work together to find new projects for MVRDV, including through public tenders, private competitions, active research, and pitching. While your primary focus will be on the Dutch language markets, you will also assist the team on other markets when needed. A typical day can consist of analyzing potential projects and developments, liaising with the architectural teams, and producing project proposals. You will be active across many areas of architecture and urbanism - such as tender production, the design process and project delivery, market research, financial proposals, and communication with several outside parties including consultants, public entities, and private clients. Because of this, you will gain extensive knowledge of architectural and urban development processes from the inside, while also getting a chance to practice your ability to sell ideas and buildings.
You come with some experience in business development, communications, or perhaps as a designer within the architecture field – and are driven by winning new projects for MVRDV.
Job profile of the Business Developer:
- Analyzing potential projects and developments, market research
- Producing project proposals, tender documents, financial proposals
- Strong communication skills – written and spoken
- Liaising with the architectural teams
- Assembling project teams and liaising with potential consultants
- You will join a talented team of business developers which is part of the Strategy and Development studio and work to further the success of MVRDV
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Creative and innovative skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Understanding of architectural processes
- Understanding of project development and/or conception
- Familiarity specifically with InDesign and Excel
- Graphic design skills and experience with creating diagrams and layouts will be highly valued
- Excellent spoken and written Dutch and English.
- Candidates authorized to work in the Netherlands are preferred
What we offer
Beyond the opportunity to work within a global and ambitious company, here are a few benefits that we offer:
- Competitive salary, considering your skills and personal value for the organization. The salary is determined by the collective agreement for staff employed in architecture (Architecten CAO).
- Personal development budget.
- Travel allowance for your home-office commutes.
- You automatically take part in the Architects Pension scheme when working for MVRDV.
- 30 paid holiday days based on a full-time employment of 40 working hours per week.
- Regular excursions, parties, and corporate activities such as sports.
- A healthy lunch in our office.
- We contribute to your sports subscription at OneFit.
- A great office location in the center of Rotterdam near the train station.
We’d love for you to join us!
MVRDV is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants equally, regardless of gender or marital status, color, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or religious belief, sexual orientation, disability, or age.